UPSC Current Affairs – 18-05-2019
Kerala has turned out to be the first sub-sovereign entity in the
country to access the international market by listing masala bonds
at the London Stock Exchange.
- The resources earned through the bonds would be channelised for funding a clutch of infrastructure development projects
cleared by the KIIFB director board.
- Kerala Infrastructure Investment Fund Board (KIIFB)had decided to garner Rs.3,500crore from the international market in
the initial phase.
- It plans to list the bonds at the Singapore stock exchange too.
To read this current affair fully, click the below link to download or subscribe our youtube channel to get daily current affairs
- Masala bonds are bonds issued outside India but denominated in Indian Rupees, rather than the local currency.
- Masala is an Indian word and it means spices.
- The term was used by the International Finance Corporation to evoke the culture and cuisine of India.