Health Ministry to get ‘Ayushman Bharat’ Logo through crowd sourcing
- The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has launched a competition for designing of a logo and tagline for the Ayushman Bharat programme, announced in the General Budget 2018-19, this year.
- This shall be done through a ‘digital crowd sourcing campaign’ on MyGov portal.
- The main aim of the competition is to generate awareness among the population about these health sector initiatives and engage them towards ownership in shaping a healthy India.
- The main theme of the logo shall be ‘Ayushman Bharat’ and the guiding principle will be sarve bhavantu sukhinah, sarve santu niramayah (may every one be happy, may every one be free from all diseases).
Two path breaking initiatives :
The Government has announced, as a part of ‘Ayushman Bharat’, two path breaking initiatives that address health holistically, impacting primary, secondary and tertiary care system as well as prevention and health promotion.
- The 1.5 lakh health and wellness centres will provide people-centric comprehensive primary health care including for common non-communicable
diseases closer to the homes of people including providing free essential drugs and diagnostics.
- The second initiative under ‘Ayushman Bharat’ is the National Health Protection Scheme, under which over 10 crore poor and vulnerable families (approx. 50 crore beneficiaries) will be provided treatment coverage up to Rs. 5 lakh per family per year for secondary and tertiary care hospitalization.