Uma Bharti launches 2nd project of Swajal Yojana in Rajasthan
- • Union Minister of Drinking Water and Sanitation, Sushri Uma Bharti, launched the Swajal pilot project at Village Bhikampura, Karauli, Rajasthan.
- • Besides ensuring the availability of clean drinking water to every household round the year, the project would also generate employment.
- • Uma Bharti reminded that it is the death anniversary of Chandrashekhar Azad and the government is trying to fulfil his dream of Swaraj.
- • Swajal is a community owned drinking water programme for sustained drinking water supply.
- • Under the scheme, 90% of the project cost will be taken care by the Government and the remaining 10% of the project cost will be contributed by the community.
The Operations and management of the project will be taken care by the local villagers.
A Curtain Raiser on National Science Day 2018
- • National Science Day (NSD) is celebrated every year on 28 February 2018. Department of Science & Technology (DST) is organizing a function to commemorate NSD.
- • About NSD:
- • NSD is celebrated on 28th February to commemorate discovery of the „Raman Effect‟, which led to Sir C.V. Raman winning the Noble Prize.
- • The theme of NSD-2018 is “Science and Technology for a Sustainable Future”, which has been chosen for the purpose of raising public appreciation of the scientific issues involved.
- • National Council for Science & Technology Communication (NCSTC) of DST is nodal agency to support catalyze and coordinate celebration of the NSD throughoutthe country, particularly in scientific institutions & research laboratories.
- • For the year 2017, Dr. Raghbir Singh Khandpur from Punjab has been selected for National Award for Outstanding Efforts in S&T Communication.