1) Lake Chilika was in News :
- • Asia’s largest brackish water lagoon.
- • It spreads over the Puri, Khurda and Ganjam districts of Odisha state on the east coast of India, at the mouth of the Daya River.
- • Chilika is also a RAMSAR site (convention on wetlands) and was kept in the Montreux Record but was later removed from this.
- • Currently 2 Indian wetlands are in MONTREUX RECORD viz. Keoladeo National Park, Rajasthan and Loktak Lake, Manipur.
2) Closing Ceremony ends Winter Olympics 2018 in Pyeongchang, South Korea.
- • Norway topped the medal tally with 14 Gold, 14 Silver and Eleven Bronze medals. Germany were second with 14 Gold, 10 Silver and Seven Bronze.
- • India did not win any medals. (2 Players Participated from India in 2 sports)
- • Meanwhile, Russia has been denied the opportunity to march under their own flag in the closing ceremony after the IOC ruled that doping violations in PyeongChang had marred their report card.
3) First sale of Electoral Bonds to commence from 1st March:-
- • The Ministry of Finance said, State Bank of India has been authorized to issue and encash Electoral Bonds initially at its four authorised branches.
- • Electoral Bond will be valid for 15 days from the date of issue and no payment shall be made to any payee Political Party if the Bond is deposited after the expiry of the validity period.
4) National conference on e-Governance to be held in Hyderabad :-
- • The 21st national conference on e-Governance will be held today and tomorrow in Hyderabad.
- • The government of India and Telangana Administrative Reforms department are jointly organising the conference with the main theme around- technology for accelerating development.
5) National Conference On E-Governance In Hyderabad
The 21st national conference on e-Governance will be held in Hyderabad. The government of India and Telangana Administrative Reforms department are jointly organizing the conference with the main theme around- technology for accelerating development. The two-day conference will deliberate on several aspects of the e-governance including its universalization and replication, governing e-governance, best practices, emerging technologies and synergizing role of national and state government.