1. Press Freedom-Corruption Perception Index
- India is a worst regional offender of press freedom in Asia Pacific, according to Corruption Perception Index.
- Transparency International finds crackdowns on NGOs and media are associated with higher levels of corruption in the world.
- On average, every week at least one journalist is killed in a country that is highly corrupt.
- The analysis by Transparency International showed that in the last six years, more than 9 out of 10 journalists were killed in countries that score 45 or less on the Corruption Perceptions Index.
- Transparency International is a Berlin-based non-government organization.
- Echidnas, also called spiny anteaters, are mammals
- Echidnas are one of the world’s oldest surviving mammals.
- They are egg-laying mammals.
- It is listed as ‘least concern’ in IUCN classification.
- However, the short-beaked echidna found only in Australia and Papua Guinea is threatened.
- The main threats are land clearing and habitat loss ,traffic, feral cats and potentially the rapidly changing climate.
3. Humanoid Robot- Sophia
- Sophia is the world’s first AI powered humanoid robot
- It was a part of the World Congress on Information Technology (WCIT), 2018, held in Telegana, India.
- A Humanoid may be defined as something that resembles or looks like a human and having their characteristics like opposing thumb etc,
- A Humanoid robot is fully automated as it can adapt to its surroundings and continue with its goals, as the case with Sophia.
- Sophia with her incredible human likeness and expressiveness is an evolving genius machine.
- ophia, with a perfect skin and soft facial muscles, can give as many as 66 facial expressions.