1. DARPAN PROJECT/DIGITAL ADVANCEMENT OF RURAL POST OFFICE FOR A NEW INDIA
The goal of DARPAN Project is to provide a low power technology solution (ICT Device) to each Branch Postmaster (BPM) which will enable each of approximately 1.29 lakh Extra Departmental Post Offices (EDOs) to improve the level of services being offered to rural customers. The primary business goal of the DARPAN Project is to improve the quality of service, add value to services and achieve “financial inclusion” of un-banked rural population, while taking advantage of this opportunity to increase revenue traffic.
The vision of DARPAN Project is as under:
- To increase the rural reach of the Department of Posts and enable EDOs to increase traffic of all financial remittances, savings accounts, Rural Postal Life Insurance, and Cash Certificates;
- Improve mail operations processes by allowing for automated booking and delivery of accountable article; increase revenue using retail post business;
- Provide third party applications a platform for rural reach;
- Make disbursements for social security schemes such as MGNREGS etc.
Benefits to the citizens:
- Provide banking solutions to the un-bank rural population.
- Core banking solutions – deposit and withdraw from anywhere.
- Ease of deposit and withdrawal and real-time account update.
- Rural postal life insurance would be available to the citizens in last mile of the country.
- Disbursal of govt. schemes as MNREGS, Old age Pension.
- Any other government schemes in future and Speed post booking from their next door.