1.CYBER SURAKSHIT BHARAT
Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), announced the Cyber Surakshit Bharat initiative.
- It aims to spread awareness about cybercrime and building capacity for safety measures for Chief Information Security Officers (CISOs) and frontline IT staff across all government departments.
- Cyber Surakshit Bharat is the first public-private partnership of its kind and will leverage the expertise of the IT industry in cybersecurity.
- Cyber Surakshit Bharat aims to conduct a series of training programs for departments in State and Union governments, Public Sector Banks, and technical arms of the Air Force, Army and Navy.
2.WEBSITE ACCESSIBILITY PROJECT
- The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment launched Website Accessibility Project to make 100 websites of various State Governments/UTs accessible to persons with disabilities (Divyangjans) under Accessible India Campaign. The Department of Divyangjan had initiated ‘Website Accessibility Project’ for State Governments/UTs under Accessible India Campaign through ERNET Ind, an autonomous scientific society under Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY) to make total 917 websites accessible. The accessible websites are those into which Persons with Disabilities can perceive, understand, navigate and interact with web and also contribute to web.
- Accessible India Campaign
Accessible India Campaign (Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan) is nationwide campaign that aims to make barrier free environment for persons with Disabilities. It aims to enable persons with disabilities to gain universal access, equal opportunity for development, independent living and participation in an inclusive society in all aspects of life. The campaign is implemented by Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment and is in line with the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UNCRPD) to which India is a signatory