Current Affairs – 14-12-2018
- India and Myanmar discussed all major aspects of bilateral relations which included political, defence and security, trade, development cooperation and people to people contact.
- This visit assumes importance as a peaceful and prosperous Myanmar is important for the development of India’s North Eastern states and security of the larger region.
- Myanmar also assured India of giving serious consideration to India’s security concerns in the region.
- Connectivity and people to people contact remained high on agenda as Myanmar extended visa on arrival facility for Indian travellers to Nay Pyi Taw, Yangon and Mandlay airports.
- Both the countries are also working to conclude a Motor vehicle agreement at the earliest so that new bus services between Mandlay and Imphal may be started.
- During his address 5th Enterprise India, President exhorted the Myanmar business community to Look West and utilize the opportunities present in the world’s fastest growing economy of India.
- Appreciating Myanmar leadership’s commitment for their business friendly policies, MrKovind offered to share India’s experience in this field.
- India and Myanmar also signed two agreements in for training of Myanmar judicial officers in India and in the field of science and technology.
Brijendra Pal Singh nominated as new president of FTII
- The Information and Broadcasting Ministry nominated Brijendra Pal Singh as the new president of Film and Television Institute of India (FTII) Society and Chairman of Governing Council.
- Mr Singh is the current Vice Chairman of the FTII Governing Council. The position was vacant after actor AnupamKher decided to step down in October this year.