PM addresses the National Legislators Conference in Central Hall of Parliament
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated a two-day National Legislators Conference at the Central Hall of Parliament House.
- The theme of the conference is – “We for Development”.
- The conference aims at providing a platform to Members of Parliament, Legislative Assemblies and Legislative Councils across the country to share their experiences and to develop a perspective on developmental issues in the light of sustainable development goals.
- The conference will also offer a special opportunity to the delegates whose constituencies have greater possibilities and aspirations of development.
- Union Ministers, Chief Ministers and Presiding Officers of State Legislatures will also attend the function.
ISA-ADB, NDB, GCF, AfDB and AIIB joint declarations of financial partnership
- The International Solar Alliance (ISA) and the African Development Bank (AfDb), the Asian Development Bank (ADB), the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB), the Green climate fund (GCF), and the New Development Bank (NDB) signed Joint financial partnership Declarations.
- The objective of the agreements is to deepen their cooperation in support of Renewable Energy.
- ISA is working for deployment of over 1000 GW of solar energy and mobilising more than US$ 1000 billion into solar energy by the year 2030.
- The African Development Bank‟s New Deal on Energy for Africa aims to achieve universal access to energy in Africa by 2025.
- The Asian Development Bank promotes a vision of an Asia and Pacific region free of poverty. ADB‟s energy policy aims to help its developing member countries (DMCs) in Asia to provide reliable, adequate, and affordable energy for an inclusive growth.
- The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank finalized an Energy Sector Strategy that emphasizes proactive support to client countries to develop intermittent renewable energy, including solar.
- The Green Climate Fund‟s Strategic Vision includes financing innovative projects and programmes, inter alia supporting the application and dissemination of cutting-edge climate technologies.
- The New Development Bank‟s purpose is to mobilize resources for infrastructure and sustainable development projects in the Federative Republic of Brazil, the Russian Federation, the Republic of India, the People‟s Republic of China, and the Republic of South Africa (BRICS) and other emerging market economies and developing countries.