Women Entrepreneurship Platform
- NITI Aayog will launch its Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP) on the occasion of the International Women’s Day.
- Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP) would provide a vibrant entrepreneurial ecosystem where women do not face any gender-based barriers.
- The platform aspires to substantially increase the number of women entrepreneurs who will create and empower a dynamic New India.
The WEP shall aim to,
- Promote women entrepreneurship by collaborating with various partner organisations
- Provide industry linkages & partner support to women entrepreneurs Increase the visibility of existing schemes, programmes & services across government and private sectors
- Identify and address issues and bottlenecks through appropriate channels
- Develop a national database through a centralised portal for registration of women entrepreneurs
- Provide evidence-based policy recommendations to develop a vibrant entrepreneurial ecosystem
- Ministry of Defence constituted this Committee of Experts (CoE) under the Chairmanship of Lt. Gen. (Retd) DB Shekatkar to recommend measures to enhance combat capability and rebalance defence expenditure of the armed forces.
- The Committee submitted its report in December 2016. The Report was taken up by the Ministry of Defence to frame key action points and roadmap for implementation.