Tribal Health Care Research Programme
- The Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Science has initiated Tribal Health Care Research Programme (THCRP)
- It has been started in 14 States through 15 Institutes under the Council.
The aim & objectives of THCRP are as under:
- To Study the living conditions of tribal people
- To Collect information related to health statistics
- To study dietetic habits, nature and frequency of prevalent diseases, use of common medicinal plants in the area
- To provide medical aid at the door steps of tribals.
- To propagate knowledge about Ayurvedic concept of Pathyapathya including hygiene habits, dietary practice.
- To prevent diseases by adopting healthy way of living & clean environment (Swachhata)
- To collect LHTs/folk medicines/ traditional practices prevalent in the area.
One Million Solar Study Lamps Scheme
- Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) has been implementing this scheme.
- The One Million Solar Study Lamps Scheme which was sanctioned in January 2014 for empowering underserved communities of Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh and Maharashtra has been successfully completed.
- Following this the Ministry sanctioned 5 lakh solar study lamps in various states in May 2016.
- A new project for distribution of 70 lakh solar study lamps in the states of Assam, Bihar, Jharkhand Odisha and Uttar Pradesh which was sanctioned by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) in December 2016, is currently under implementation.
- The MNRE also has a separate skill development programme “Surya Mitra” for imparting training in the field of solar energy for installation and repair and maintenance of solar power systems.