Premium Tag for Coffee grown in Araku Valley
- Coffee Board has applied for registration of Araku coffee under Geographical Indications to protect the unique identity of the coffee grown by the tribal communities of Araku Valley in Visakhapatnam district of Andhra Pradesh.
- The Central Government, through the Coffee Board, is promoting production of coffee in Araku Valley by implementing the “Integrated Coffee Development Project”.
- Arabica coffee from the Araku Valley area has gained popularity as a high quality speciality coffee internationally.
- Coffee Board encourages the coffee growers to participate in the “Flavour of India-The Fine Cup Award” competition organised by Coffee Board every year.
Steering Committee on Fintech related issues
- In pursuance to the announcement made by the Union Minister of Finance in his Budget Speech 2018-19, a Steering Committee has been constituted under the Chairmanship of Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs (DEA), Ministry of Finance.
- To consider various issues relating to development of Fintech space in India with a view to make Fintech related regulations more flexible and generate enhanced entrepreneurship in an area where India has distinctive comparative strengths vis-à-vis other emerging economies.
- The Steering Committee will also focus on how Fintech can be leveraged to enhance financial inclusion of MSMEs.