1. FIRST PHASE OF CHABAHAR PORT INAUGURATED
The first phase of Chabahar port was inaugurated opening up a new strategic transit route among Iran, India and Afghanistan, bypassing Pakistan.
1. The port is located in Iran’s southeastern Sistan-Baluchestan province.
2. The first phase of the Chabahar port project is known as the Shahid Beheshti port.
3. Iran is believed to have asked the Indian government to “manage” or operate the first phase of the port,
until work for the second phase is finalized.
Charminar is in the heart of Hyderabad. The monument was erected when Quli Qutb Shah shifted his
capital from Golconda to Hyderabad.
- It got its name from its structure as it consists of four minarets. It is situated on the east bank of Musi River and stands tall amidst the labyrinthine Laad Bazaar in the old city.
- The Charminar is an example of unpatrolled artistic brilliance, and it is also considered to be one of the marvelous structures in India. Towards the north of Charminar, there are four gateways known as Char Kaman which is constructed in the cardinal directions. The structure was intended to serve as a Madrasa or a Mosque. It is mainly built of Indo-Islamic architecture along with the incorporation of Persian Architectural elements.
3. HUSSAIN SAGAR LAKE
- Renowned as Asia’s largest artificial lake, the Hussain Sagar Lake is situated in Hyderabad. The lake itself was built by Ibrahim Quli Qutub Shah in 1563 during the rule of Ibrahim Quli Qutub Shah.
- Renowned for its monolith of Lord Buddha which is right in the centre of the lake, this place is famously known as Tank Bund as well. Owing to its unique heart – shaped outline, the Hussain Sagar Lake has been declared as the ‘Heart of the World’ by UNWTO.