Western Naval Command Concludes Exercise Paschim Leher (XPL-18)
- It is a three week long exercise termed Exercise „Paschim Leher‟ (XPL).
- The Western Naval Command of the Indian Navy concluded a large scale operational exercise in the Arabian Sea.
- It tested the operational readiness of the Western Naval Command and the execution of its operational plans.
- Over 40 naval assets including the aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya, frontline ships of the Western Fleet and Eastern Fleet participated in the exercise.
- The XPL 2018 enabled testing and revalidation of operational plans and manoeuvres in a hostile maritime scenario on India‟s Western Seaboard.
- Defence of Indian offshore assets, such as oil rigs, escort operations of Indian merchant ships as well as coastal defence, were also rehearsed.
DefExpo 2018 Chennai gets huge response
- DefExpo India is one of the largest events of its kind in the world for the last 10 years.
- For the first time DefExpo is being held in Chennai from 11 to 14 April 2018.
- The location of the event is Tiruvidanthal, Kancheepuramdistrict on the East Coast Road near Chennai.
- The main theme of this DefExpo 2018 is to showcase India as a major hub of defence production in the world.
- This has generated tremendous enthusiasm amongst the domestic industries to showcase their indigenously manufactured platforms and components.