Under BharatNet phase two, against the target of providing last mile connectivity to 1.5 lakh gram panchayats (GPs), only about 7.45 per cent of these have been made service ready so far.
About BharatNet program:
- BharatNet Project is the world’s largest rural broadband connectivity programme using Optical fiber.
- The project was originally started in 2011 as National Optical Fibre Network (NOFN). It was renamed as BharatNet in 2015.
- It is a flagship mission to connect 250,000 gram panchayats with broadband being implemented by Bharat Broadband Network Ltd (BBNL).
- Aim: To Increase their speed to around 2 to 20 Mbps in the future to all households in rural areas.
- Nodal Ministry: Ministry of Communication.
- It is funded by Universal Service Obligation fund( USOF)
India successfully test-fired the K-4 submarine-launched ballistic missile off the coast of Andhra Pradesh.
- It has 3,500 km strike range and is nuclear-capable.
- The missile is being developed by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
- It is to be fitted into the indigenously built Arihant-class nuclear-powered submarines.
- The K-4’s circular error is 40 meters or less.