The Second Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) Mass Media Forum is being held at Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan from 23-26 May, 2019.
- The Forum aims to strengthen the exchange and cooperation in the field of mass media amongst SCO countries.
- It offers a unique platform for active work through mass media to create an objective vision of the organization and strengthen its positive image in the global information space.
- The representative of state bodies supervising mass media of the SCO countries (Member States, Observer Countries,Dialogue Partners); representatives of leading mass media of the SCO countries and representatives of the SCO Secretariat are participating in the Forum.
- The SCO Member States also adopted the Resolution of Media Forum which calls for establishing successful collaborations of Mass Media Organizations of the SCO member Countries.
- The first SCO Media Summit was held in Beijing on 1 June 2018.
- This event was held under the motto “Development of the “Shanghai Spirit” and opening of a new era in the mass media cooperation”.
Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO):
- The Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) is a permanent intergovernmental international organisation, the creation of which was announced on 15 June 2001 in Shanghai (China) by the Republic of Kazakhstan, the People’s Republic of China, the Kyrgyz Republic, the Russian Federation, the Republic of Tajikistan, and the Republic of Uzbekistan. It was preceded by the Shanghai Five mechanism.
- The Shanghai Cooperation Organisation Charter was signed during the St.Petersburg SCO Heads of State meeting in June 2002, and entered into force on 19 September 2003.