The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment has invited nomination for VayoshreshthaSamman 2019.
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment institutedthe award in the year 2005.
- Conferred to eminent senior citizens and Institutions in recognition for their service to elderly persons, especially indigent senior citizens.
- It was elevated to the level of national awards in 2013 under 13 categories.
- The recipients of the Sammans shall be declared every year on the 1st September and will be conferred by the President of Indiaon the 1st October on the occasion of International Day of Older Persons (IDOP).
- The Sammans are open to all Indian Institutions, organisations and individuals without any distinction or discrimination on grounds of race, sex, caste or creed.
- Self-nominations for the Sammans shall not be considered by the Screening Committee and the Selection Committee