The Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission is an independent body of the Government of Tamil Nadu that is responsible for conducting examinations for appointments to the various services of the Tamil Nadu State. It operates under Articles 315 to 323 of Part XIV of the constitution of India.
TNPSC is to conduct various examinations like Group – I, Group – II, Group – IV and VAO (village Administrative Officer) for direct recruitment to the services of the state.
- Deputy Collector.
- Deputy Superintendent of Police (Category-I).
- Deputy Registrar of Co-operative Societies.
- Assistant Director of Rural Development Department.
- Assistant Commissioner in the Tamil Nadu Hindu Religious and
- Charitable Endowments Administration Department.
- Assistant Commissioner – Commercial Tax officer.
- District Registrar.
- Divisional Officer in Fire and Rescue services Department.
- Assistant Conservator of Forest.
- District Employment Officer.
Group II Services (Interview Post)
- Deputy Commercial Tax Officer (DCTO).
- Sub Registrar.
- Probation Officer in Prison Department.
- Assistant Inspector of Labout.
- Junior Employment Officer.
- Assistant Section Officer in Law Department/ TNPSC/ Finance
- Department/Various Departments in the Tamil Nadu Ministerial
- Service/Secretariat Service.
- Assistant Inspector in Local Fund Audit Department.
- Special Assistant in the Vigilance and AntiCorruption Department.
- Audit Inspector in the Audit wing of Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments.
- Supervisor of Industrial Co-operatives.
- Senior Inspector of cooperative societies.
Group II Services (Non Interview Post)
- Accountant in Treasuries and Accounts Department.
- Assistant in Forest Department.
- Personal clerk in Finance Department, Secretariat.
- Personal clerk in (other than Law and Finance Dept) Secretariat.
- Personal Clerk in Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission.
- Personal Clerk in Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly.
- Assistant in various Departments in the Tamil Nadu Ministerial
- Service/Secretariat Service/Legislative Assembly Secretariat Service.
- Assistant in the Divisions of Commercial Taxes Department.
- Handloom Inspector.
- Revenue Assistant in Revenue Department.
Group IV & VAO (CCSE IV)
- Junior Assistant.
- Steno Typist − Grade III.
- EXECUTIVE OFFICER, GRADE-III in the Tamil Nadu Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments Administration Department.
- Junior Assistant (Security).
- Bill Collector Grade-I.
- Junior Assistant (Non-Security).
- VAO (Village Administrative Officer)
|S.No.||Name of the post||Minimum Age (should have completed)||Educational Qualification|
|Sc/ST, MBC/DNC, BC, BCM &DW’s of all castes||others|
|1||TNPSC Group I||21 years||35 years||30 years||Any Degree|
|2||TNPSC Group II||18 years||No Maximum Age limit||30 years||Any Degree|
|3||TNPSC Group II A |
(Non Interview post)
|18 years||No Maximum Age limit||30 years||Any Degree|
|4||TNPSC Group IV||18 years||10th std passed Degree – No Maximum Age limit||30 years||10th std|
Group 1: Preliminary Exam (Objective Type)
|Subject General Studies (Single Paper)||Duration||Maximum Marks (200 × 1.5)|
|SC/ST, MBC, BC & BCM||Others|
|General Studies: 150 Questions||3 hrs||300||90||120|
|Aptitude & Mental Ability|
|Test (SSLC Standard) - 50 Questions|
|Total Number of Questions: 200 Questions|
Group 1: Interview
|3 Exam Paper||Subjects Covered||Duration||Maximum Marks|
|Paper I||Modern History of India and Indian Culture||3 Hrs||300|
|General Aptitude & Mental Ability|
|Role of Impact of Science and Technology in the Development of India and Tamilnadu|
|Paper II||Indian Polity||3 Hrs||300|
|Languages either English or Tamil|
|Administration of Union and States with special reference to Tamilnadu|
Group 2 (Interview Post) – Preliminary
|Subject||Maximum Marks||Marks given by TNPSC (5 slots)|
Group 2 (Interview Post) – Mains Exam
|Subject||Duration||Maximum Marks (200 × 1.5m)||Minimum Qualifying Marks for all communities|
|General Studies (75 Qus)||3 Hrs||300 Marks||90 Marks|
|Aptitude and Mental Ability Test (25 Qus)|
|General Tamil / General English (100 Qus)|
Group 2 (Interview Post) Mains – Question Type
|Subject General Studies (Single Paper)||Duration||Maximum Marks(200 × 1.5)||Minimum Qualifying Marks for All Communities|
|Role and impact of Science and Technology in the Development of India and Tamil Nadu.||3 hrs||300||102|
|Administration of Union and States with special reference to Tamil Nadu.|
|Socio Economic Problems of India and Tamil Nadu.|
|Current issues at National level.|
|Current issues at State level.)|
Group 2 (Non Interview Post)
|General Studies||03 Mark Questions||08 Mark Questions||15 Mark Questions||30 Mark Questions||Total no of questions|
|ATTEND /TOTAL QN||30 /35||15/18||3-Feb||4-Feb||49/60|
Group IV (Objective Type)
|Subject Total number of Qus: 200||Duration||Maximum Marks||Minimum Qualifying Marks for selection for all communities|
|(Single Paper)(Objective Type)||3 Hours||150
|General Studies (Degree Standard)|
|Aptitude and Mental Ability Test|
|(S.S.L.C. Std.)(25 Questions)|
|General Tamil / General English|
|(S.S.L.C. Std.)(100 Questions)|