- Uttar Pradesh Government has launched Mukhyamantri Krishak Durghatna Kalyan Yojana which will provide financial assistance to family of farmers who die or become handicapped while working in fields.
- That government has also decided to implement Mukhyamantri Paryatan Samvardhan Yojana to boost tourism in state.
- If a farmer or any member of his family dies while working in a field then they will be given financial assistance of five lakh rupees.
- For the first time, the scheme will also include the Bataidars, who work in the field of other persons and share the crop after it is harvested.
- The scheme will cover farmers and their family members in the age group of 18-70 years and will be implemented from 14th September last year.
World thirukkural conference
- VGP World TAMIL sangam going to unveil 60 th thiruvalluvar statue in Cambodia.
- From April 1 to 6, 2020 in Cambodia.
- Capital of Cambodia –phnom penh.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
- Vyommitra is a half-humanoid who can mimic human actions.
- Isro will send Vyommitra to space on unmanned missions.
- Isro aims to send three Indians to space by 2022.
Harit Ratna Award
- N Kumar, Vice-Chancellor of Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, has been conferred ‘Harit Ratna Award 2019’ by the All India Agricultural Students Association for dissemination of ₹ 30-crore entrepreneurship project in agri-business and for motivating students to the agriculture sector in the State.
- The award was conferred at the 5th National Youth Convention at Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalaya in Raipur recently.
Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar to 49 children
- President Ram Nath Kovind, January 22, 2020, presented the Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar 2020 to children under various categories including innovation, scholastic, sports, art and culture, social service and bravery.
- The awards were given at a function at the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- Ishan Sharma who saved a Russian tourist from two robbers, Omkar Singh who holds the world record for the youngest theoretical author and youngest pianist in India Gauri Mishra were among those who were given the Bal Shakti Puraskar 2020 by President Ram Nath Kovind.
Khelo India Youth Games: Maharashtra crowned champion
- Maharashtra maintained its supremacy in Khelo India Youth Games by improving upon its last year’s performance and finishing at the top of the table with a massive haul of 256 medals, comprising 78 gold, 77 silver and 101 bronze, as the 13-day sporting extravaganza came to a close.
- Maharashtra – which received the winner’s trophy from Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal in the presence of Union Minister of State for Food Processing Rameshwar Teli and Union Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju in a glittering closing ceremony – was followed by Haryana (200, 68 gold) and Delhi (122, 39 gold).
Winged Raider: Indian Army’s largest airborne exercise-500 troops participate
- The exercise was conducted to demonstrate the operational readiness of the paratroopers and air warriors.
- The C-130 Hercules, Dhruv Helicopters and C-17 globe master transport aircraft participated in the exercise.
- The Ratle Hydroelectric Plant is a run-of-the-river hydroelectric power station currently under construction on the Chenab River.
- The annual World Future Energy Summit in Abu Dhabi is the leading global industry event and exhibition for future energy, cleantech and sustainability.
- Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal and Delhi have been consistently ranking among the 10 worst states in term of acid attacks from 2014 to 2018.