- The Realme X50 Pro houses the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 chipset.
- The Realme X50 Pro comes in three memory variants. The the base variant with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage is priced at Rs.37,999, the 8GB RAM with 128GB internal storage is priced at Rs.39,999 and the top-end variant with 12GB RAM and 256 GB internal memory.
Beijing expels three WSJ journalists over opinion piece calling China ‘real sick man of Asia’
- China has expelled three Wall Street Journal (WSJ) reporters in response to an opinion article the newspaper published, which described the country as the “real sick man of Asia”
- China has criticised the opinion piece, which was published on 3 February, as “racist”. It comes amid reports of a spike in xenophobic incidents towards Asian people amid the ongoing coronavirus outbreak.
Indian Railways launches mobile app for employees
- Railway Board Chairman launched the HRMS mobile app, in which the employees can see the data related to their service
- The app has been developed by the Centre for Railway Information System (CRIS)
- In a bid to bring transparency in the administrative functioning of the Indian Railways, Railway Board Chairman Vinod Kumar Yadav on Thursday launched the HRMS mobile app, in which the employees can see the data related to their service and communicate with the administration for any changes, if required.
India, US sign a defense contract worth Rs 21,000 crore Donald Trump with announcement
- US President Donald Trump has agreed to sign a defense agreement worth over Rs. 21,000 crore between India and the United States.
- On his first visit to India, Trump announced the crucial decision at the Namaste Trump event at the Motera Stadium in Ahmadabad.
Jaya’s birthday to be celebrated as ‘Girl child Safety’ day: CM
- CM Edappadi Palanisami has announced that the birthday of former CM Jayalalitha will be henceforth celebrated as ‘Girl Child Safety’ day.
- As per the reports, CM has proposed that former CM and AIADMK General Secretary Late. Jayalalitha’s birthday which falls on February 24, will be celebrated state wide as ‘Girl Child Safety’ day.
- New technology to detect ships
- The Indian coast guard conducted a special training in Chennai on new technology to detect ships
- The camp was held for 5 days ,attended by Australian coast guard personnel
- Paramesh eastern regional commander of the coast guard inaugurated the event.
- The training camp is scheduled up to February 28.
PERSON IN NEWS
Malaysia PM Mahathir resigns
- Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad submitted his resignation to the country’s king, his office announced, a shock move that could plunge the country into political crisis.
- Mahathir also reportedly resigned from his own party, Parti Pribumi Bersatu Malaysia, according to Reuter’s news agency, citing three sources. Mahathir’s party also announced that it was quitting the ruling government coalition, Pakistan Harappa (Alliance of Hope), casting doubt on the future of the partnership.
Commonwealth Games 2022: Shooting and archery events to be held in India
- India will host the archery and shooting events at the 2022 Commonwealth Games, six months before the main event in Birmingham.
- The proposal was put forward by India, who threatened to boycott Birmingham 2022 after shooting was excluded.
- Both events will take place in Chandigarh in January 2022, with the main Games from 27 July to 7 August.
- The move to India was approved by the Commonwealth Games Federation (CGF) executive board.
Young Indian GM Gukesh wins title at Cannes Open chess tourney
Young Indian GM Gukesh wins title at Cannes Open chess tourney. India’s 13-year old Grandmaster D Gukesh emerged champion in the 34th Cannes Open in Cannes, France , beating Harutyun Bargseghyan of the host nation in the final round to end with 7.5 points
PM Modi to inaugurate ‘Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana’ on Feb 24 , 2019
The Centre will start paying farmers the first installment of Rs 2,000 on February 24 at a high-profile event where Prime Minister Narendra Modi is likely to formally kick off the implementation of the PM-KISAN scheme.