- The National Commission for Women (NCW) will be organising a ‘Power Walk’ in
the national capital next week in which rape and acid attack survivors will take
part to raise awareness about violence against women and their safety.
- The National Commission for Women (NCW) will organise the ‘Power Walk’ on
March 1 from 7 pm to 8 pm.
- Rekha Sharma said that similar walks will be held in 14 other states too,
including Himachal Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and Uttar Pradesh.
- The power walk is a drive to instill, with a belief that, the only way to make public
spaces safe is to occupy in large numbers, and put out the message clearly,
whether day or night, women have equal right to claim her spaces everywhere and
Tamil Nadu tops in organ donation
- For the fourth time in a row, the State had bagged the first place in organ transplantation in the country.
- Tamil Nadu stand as the organ donating capital of India
TNUSRB gets new chief
- The State Government promoted ADGP Sunil Kumar, chief vigilance officer, Aavin, as DGP and posted him as chairman Tamil Nadu Uniformed Services Recruitment Board in the existing vacancy.
PERSONS IN NEWS
American president Trump
- US President Donald Trump arrived in Ahmedabad with his wife Melania Trump for the first leg of his maiden India trip. Trump, who is also accompanied by daughter Ivanka, son-in-law Jared Kushner and top brass of his administration, will get a taste of India’s cultural potpourri during his Gujarat itinerary.
SHARATH KAMAL, SATHIYAN GNANASEKARAN BAG HUNGARIAN OPEN SILVER
- German efficiency triumphed over Indian hopes of a first-ever table tennis doubles title. Achanta Sharath Kamal and Sathiyan Gnanasekaran settled for the silver medal at the Hungarian Open 2020 final as their efforts to win a first-ever doubles title for India fell short.
- Sarath kamal and manika bathra clinces bronze in the mixed doubles
- International Judicial Conference held in New Delhi-The topic of the one-day conference is “Judiciary and The Changing World”.
- A MiG-29K aircraft of the Indian Navy crashed into the Arabian Sea while conducting a routine sortie off the Goa coast