- The iconic Mughal Garden at the heart of the President’s Estate will be opened to the public from next week, a Rashtrapati Bhavan statement said.
- The garden will remain open for the general public from February 5 to March 8 (except on Mondays which are maintenance days) between 10 am to 4 pm.
- However, the garden will open exclusively for farmers, differently-abled persons, defence, paramilitary forces, and Delhi police personnel on March 11 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
India sends aid to cyclone-hit Madagascar
- India has sent relief supplies to cyclone-hit Madagascar using its naval ship INS Airavat, External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar said.
- In a tweet, Jaishankar said India was an early responder to the natural disaster that hit the island nation.
- Madagascar has been hit by a cyclone and there has been heavy flooding and landslides since last month, causing loss of lives and displacement of a number of people.
Ninth edition of India-Bangladesh joint military exercise begins in Meghalaya
- The ninth edition of Indo-Bangladesh Joint Military Exercise SAMPRITI-IX commenced at Umroi, Meghalaya.
- The main focus of this edition of the fourteen days joint exercise is on CounterTerrorism Operations in mountainous and jungle terrain.
- Defence Ministry has said that a delegation comprising of 31 officers and 138 other ranks of Bangladesh Army and a company group of Indian Army will participate in the joint military exercise.
- The Bangladesh Army contingent is led by Brigadier General Md Shafiul Azam. Both armies will familiarise each other in various tactical drills and procedures.
- The joint exercise will culminate on 16th Feb after a validation exercise.
Table Tennis: Maiden Nationals title win for Harmeet; Sutirtha wins her second
- Sixth-seed Harmeet Desai defeated fourth-seed Manav Thakkar 4-3 in the men’s singles final to claim his first title at the 81st National Table Tennis Championships in Hyderabad.
- Haryana’s Sutirtha Mukherjee claimed her second National crown, beating PSPB’s Krittwika Sinha Roy, a three-time finalist, 4-0 in the women’s singles final.
- In the process, she bagged three gold, including in the team event and women’s doubles apart from getting a silver in the mixed event.
ITF Thailand: Ankita Raina in singles final, wins doubles title
- India’s Ankita Raina was in robust form as she outplayed Leonie Kung of Switzerland 6-3, 6-1 to make the singles final of the $25,000 ITF women’s tennis tournament in Nonthaburi, Thailand.
- In the final, the third seed Ankita will face fourth seed Chloe Paquet of France, who beat the second seed Wang Xinyu of China in three sets. Djokovic Wins Eighth Australian Open Crown, Returns to No. 1
- Novak Djokovic defended his Australian Open crown and won a 17th Grand Slam after digging deep into his physical and mental reserves to beat Dominic Thiem in a gripping five-set final.
World Wetlands Day
- The World Wetlands Day is marked on February 2 by the Ramsar Secretariat with financial support from Danone Group.
- This year the day was marked underthe following theme Theme: Wetlands and Biodiversity Highlights.
- The World Wetland Day is being marked since 1997.
- February 2 was chosen as the Ramsar Convention was signed on this day in 1971.
- EXAM WARRIOR book written by Narendra modi.
- G20 summit will held in India in 2022.