- The documents were exchanged in the presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and visiting Portugal president following delegation level talks between the two leaders in New Delhi.
- The 7 documents which were exchanged include:
- 1 – MoU for Cooperation in development of national maritime Museum Heritage complex at Lothel in Gujarat
- 2 – MoU for cooperation in the field of industrial and intellectual property rights
- 3 – Agreement on audio/visual Co-production
- 4 – MoU on Diplomatic training and exchange of information
- 5 – Cooperation agreement in field of Maritime Transport and Port Development
- 6 – Joint Declaration on India and Portugal Mobility Partnership
- 7 – MoU between Start-up Portugal and Invest India for collaboration on Start-ups.
- Agro Processing Clusters proposed to be established in Theni, Dindigul, Krishnagiri, Tiruvannamalai, Salem Cuddalore, Villupuram and Madurai districts in 2020-21 under PM Kisan programme.
- Food parks proposed to be established in Dharmapuri, Ariyalur, Perambalur, Karur, Nagapattinam, Ramanathapuram, Tenkasi districts at a cost of Rs.70 crore.
- GST compensation: Centre is obliged to offset the state’s losses for five years. It is the centre’s responsibility to find ways to implement it, says Paneerselvam.
- A special project to ensure that all basic infrastructure facilities including all-weather houses, link roads, street lights, solar lights and drinking water facilities are provided in all tribal habitations in Tamil Nadu.
PERSONS IN NEWS
US imposes sanctions on Sri Lankan army chief over war crimes
- The US has imposed sanctions on Sri Lanka’s chief of army staff, Lt Gen Shavendra Silva, for war crimes committed at final stages of the conflict against the Tamil Tigers in 2009, when up to 70,000 Tamil civilians were killed.
Best Womens development mission:
- Award for outstanding organisation for women development -NLC India got 2nd place.
- It was given by WIPS. This organisation consists of women members who are working in union government sectors.
India, UK begin Ajeya Warrior joint counter-terror Army exercises
- Exercise Ajeya Warrior 2020 can be termed as the shining example of long-standing strategic ties between India and United Kingdom
- The joint exercise will take place in london from February 13-26.
World Radio Day – February 13
- Proclaimed in 2011 by the Member States of UNESCO, and adopted by the United Nations General Assembly in 2012 as an International Day, February 13 became World Radio Day (WRD).
- Theme: Radio and Diversity
- The President’s Colour, which is the highest honour that can be bestowed upon any military unit, was received by Nishan Adhikari on behalf of INS Shivaji during an impressive ceremonial parade comprising 130 officers and 630 sailors of the Indian Navy.
- 43rd global conference 2020-Rome, Italy.