- Police communication services in the country are set for a major revamp with Union Home Minister Amit Shah expected to launch an upgraded POLNET 2.0, armed with a robust multi-media facility.
- The Directorate of Coordination Police Wireless (DCPW) that operates the POLNET
- The police network services in the country has created a new and enhanced communication platform for police and security forces to better communicate during law and order problems and disasters including linkup from remote border and coastal areas.
- POLNET since 2006, The new platform is named POLNET 2.0 and for the first time it will provide video-conferencing facility to four entities sitting at different locations in the country with Internet-enabled multimedia services.
Commander Khalifa Haftar’s forces choke Libya’s oil flow
- Libya’s largest oilfield and a second major one in the southwest began shutting down on Sunday after forces loyal to renegade military commander Khalifa Haftar closed a pipeline connecting them to the coast.
- The escalation threatened to strangle the country’s finances and overshadowed an international peace summit in Berlin.
Adelaide International title
- Ashleigh Barty says capturing her first WTA title on Australian soil is perfect preparation for a home grand slam.
- The world No.1 emphatically won the Adelaide International final, downing Ukrainian Dayana Yastremska 6-2, 7-5 at Memorial Drive.
- Barty had lost her two previous WTA finals in Australia – at the Sydney International last year and 2018.
Sania Mirza wins Hobart International doubles title
- Sania in partnership with Nadiia Kichenok beat the pair of Zhang Shuai and Peng Shuai 6-4 6-4 to lift the crown.
- It is Sania’s 42nd WTA doubles title and first since Brisbane International trophy in 2007 with American partner Bethanie Mattek-Sands.
- Essel World Bird Park located in Maharashtra.
- Aranganathan Literary Awards for 2019 were Rangarajan and Yuma Vasuki in Chennai