The Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission is an independent body of the Government of TamilNadu that is responsible for conducting examinations for appointments to the various services of the TamilNadu State. It operates under Articles 315 to 323 of Part XIV of the constitution of India.
TNPSC is to conduct various examinations like Group – I, Group – II, Group – IV and VAO (village Administrative Officer) for direct recruitment to the services of the state.
VARIOUS POSTS OF TNPSC EXAMS:
- Deputy Collector.
- Deputy Superintendent of Police (Category-I).
- Deputy Registrar of Co-operative Societies.
- Assistant Director of Rural Development Department.
- Assistant Commissioner in the Tamil Nadu Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments Administration Department.
- Assistant Commissioner – Commercial Tax officer.
- District Registrar.
- Divisional Officer in Fire and Rescue services Department.
- Assistant Conservator of Forest.
- District Employment Officer.
GROUP II SERVICES (INTERVIEW POST):
- Deputy Commercial Tax Officer (DCTO).
- Sub Registrar.
- Probation Officer in Prison Department.
- Assistant Inspector of Labout.
- Junior Employment Officer.
- Assistant Section Officer in Law Department/ TNPSC/ Finance Department/Various Departments in the Tamil Nadu Ministerial Service/Secretariat Service.
- Assistant Inspector in Local Fund Audit Department.
- Special Assistant in the Vigilance and AntiCorruption Department.
- Audit Inspector in the Audit wing of Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments.
- Supervisor of Industrial Co-operatives.
- Senior Inspector of cooperative societies.
GROUP II SERVICES (NON INTERVIEW POST):
- Accountant in Treasuries and Accounts Department.
- Assistant in Forest Department.
- Personal clerk in Finance Department, Secretariat.
- Personal clerk in (other than Law and Finance Dept) Secretariat.
- Personal Clerk in Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission.
- Personal Clerk in Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly.
- Assistant in various Departments in the Tamil Nadu Ministerial Service/Secretariat Service/Legislative Assembly Secretariat Service.
- Assistant in the Divisions of Commercial Taxes Department.
- Handloom Inspector.
- Revenue Assistant in Revenue Department.
GROUP IV & VAO (CCSE IV):
- Junior Assistant.
- Steno Typist − Grade III.
- EXECUTIVE OFFICER, GRADE-III in the Tamil Nadu Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments Administration Department.
- Junior Assistant (Security).
- Bill Collector Grade-I.
- Junior Assistant (Non-Security).
- VAO (Village Administrative Officer)