CIVIL SERVICE DIGEST(CSD-Daily)
Shri Arun Jaitley launches the Financial Inclusion Index
- The Union Minister of Finance and Corporate Affairs, ShriArunJaitley launched the Financial Inclusion Index.
- Department of Financial Services (DFS), Ministry of Finance will release an Annual Financial Inclusion Index (FII) which will be a measure of access and usage of a basket of formal financial products and services that includes savings, remittances, credit, insurance and pension products.
- The index will have three measurement dimensions;
- Access to financial services
- Usage of financial services and
- The single composite index gives a snap shot of level of financial inclusion that would guide Macro Policy perspective.
- The various components of the index will also help to measure financial services for use of internal policy making.
- Financial Inclusion Index can be used directly as a composite measure in development indicators.
- It enables fulfilment of G20 Financial Inclusion Indicators requirements. It will also facilitate researchers to study the impact of financial inclusion and other macro-economic variables
AYUSH Information Cell set up at the Indian Embassy in Romania
- Ministry of AYUSH has set up an AYUSH Information Cell at the premises of the Indian Embassy in Romania to disseminate authentic information about AYUSH system of medicine and encourage Ayurveda practice in Romania.
- The AYUSH Information Cell, Romania will help to organise lectures, consultation, conduct seminars, training courses and facilitate associations of AYUSH stakeholders for networking conducting meetings, develop awareness of AYUSH system among public in Romania.