- It is a joint Sino-India military exercise
- The exercise included lectures and discussions on various counter terrorism aspects like cordon and search operations, raid on terrorist hideouts, intelligence collection and joint operations.
- The troops shared best practices being followed by both nations in counter terrorism operations in urban and jungle terrain and the exercise provided an opportunity to both the armies for greater understanding and strengthening mutual trust and cooperation.
National Consumer Day
- National Consumer Day is observed on Dec 24.
- The objective is to highlight the importance of the consumer movement and the need to make every consumer more aware of their rights and responsibilities.
- The theme this year is “Timely Disposal of Consumer Complaints”.
- On this day the Consumer Protection Act, 1986 was enacted. The Act aims to provide consumers with effective safeguards against different types of exploitation, such as defective goods, deficiency in services and unfair trade practices.
No rise in working women despite high literacy levels: ICRIER study
- According to a new research by the Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations (ICRIER), the study says that the rise in literacy levels among women has failed to translate into an increase in the number of working women due to a combination of socio-economic factors such as the importance of education for improving marital prospects as well as higher prestige attached to households which keep women out of labour force