CIVIL SERVICE DIGEST(CSD)
Exercise Aviaindra-18 Commences at Lipetsk (Russia)
- Exercise Aviaindra is an Air Force level exercise between India and the Russian Federation.
- First Aviaindra was conducted in 2014 and has been planned as a bi-annual exercise.
- Exercise Aviaindra 18 is being conducted at Lipetsk, Russia from 17 Sep to 28 Sep 18 and will be conducted in Jodhpur, India from 10 Dec to 22 Dec 18.
- The aircraft that would participate in the exercise include Su-30 SM, Mig-29, Su-25, Mi-8 and An-26.
- The aim of the exercise is focused towards anti-terrorist operations in a bi-lateral scenario.
Visit of President of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan to India
- President of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan paid a visit to India on September 19, 2018 at the invitation of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- The two leaders reviewed and positively assessed the progress of the multi-faceted India-Afghanistan strategic partnership.
- They expressed satisfaction at the increase in bilateral trade that has crossed the US $ 1 billion mark.
- The two leaders also appreciated the successful conclusion of the India-Afghanistan trade and investment show in Mumbai from September 12-15, 2018 and expressed determination to strengthen connectivity, including through Chabahar port and Air-Freight Corridor.
- It was agreed to deepen the New Development Partnership in the areas of high impact projects in this field of infrastructure, human resources development and other capacity building projects in Afghanistan.
- The Prime Minister reiterated India’s support to an Afghan-led, Afghan-owned and Afghan-controlled peace and reconciliation process that would enable Afghanistan to continue as a united, peaceful, inclusive and democratic nation and emerge as an economically vibrant country.