The 8th National Conference of Women in Police (NCWP) begins in Ranchi, Jharkhand. The two-day conference which is being organized by Bureau of Police Research & Development in collaboration with Jharkhand Police, is the only national-level platform to address the issues of Women in uniform and create an enabling atmosphere for them to maximize and optimize their professional potential.
- The 1stedition of NCWP was organized in 2002 at New Delhi by BPR&D in collaboration with Delhi Police.
- It is an Empowered Body which shall deal with capacity building of women police personnel and provide adequate exposure in the core police functions for achieving absolute professionalism.
- NCWP has been continuously working on strengthening and monitoring of mechanism to deal with sexual harassment in all the Police Organizations / CPOs by suggesting active ways and means.
- Sincere efforts have been made for issues related with gender sensitization for all police ranks, exclusive infrastructural development for women police like restrooms, toilets, crèche etc., equal opportunities for women in career planning and other welfare measures like maternity and childcare leave, police housing for women workforce, etc.
Topics deliberated in the conference:
- Unheard voices of Women in CAPF/Force – Gender neutral working places.
- Technology for skills enhancement.
- Empowered workspace for conducive work environment.
- Role of Women Police in Smart Cities.
- Women in Community Oriented policing.
- Special Training Needs for Women personnel.
- Sexual harassment at workplaces – Varied perspective and management
National Foundation for Communal Harmony (NFCH)
- “QaumiEkta Week” (National Integration Week) is observed all over the country, from 19thNovember to 25th November, 2018 with a view to foster and reinforce the spirit of Communal Harmony, National Integration and pride in vibrant, composite culture and nationhood.
- The National Foundation for Communal Harmony (NFCH), an autonomous organisation with the Ministry of Home Affairs, organises Communal Harmony Campaign coinciding with the QaumiEkta Week and observes the Communal Harmony Flag Day on 25th