- Cyclone Phethai made landfall near Katrenikona in East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh on Monday afternoon.
- Heavy rain and winds were experienced in many areas in the district. The cyclone caused huge damage to standing crops,especially paddy in East Godavari, West Godavari, Krishna and isakhapatnam districts.
- Hundreds of electric poles and trees got uprooted disrupting power supply and vehicular traffic. Schools and colleges were closed as a precautionary measure.
Lok Sabha passes transgender rights Bill
- The Bill was passed with 27 amendments
- Union Social Justice Thawar Chand Gehlot said that the government has accepted the amendments
- Parliamentary Affairs Minister Narendra Singh Tomar said that the government was ready was any kind of discussion
- Amid noisy protests over the Rafale deal and Cauvery issue, the Lok Sabha on Monday passed a bill seeking to empower the transgender community by providing them a separate identity.