Renaming of Jharsuguda Airport, Odisha as “Veer SurendraSai Airport, Jharsuguda”
- The Union Cabinet has approved renaming of Jharsuguda Airport, Odisha as “Veer SurendraSai Airport, Jharsuguda”
- Veer SurendraSai is a well-known freedom fighter of Odisha.
- Renaming of the Jharsuguda airport in his name will fulfill long-pending demand of the Odisha Government, which reflects the sentiments of the local public of the respective area.
- It will also be a befitting tribute to the contribution of the revered personality associated with the State.
DHARMA GUARDIAN – 2018
- Exercise DHARMA GUARDIAN – 2018, a joint military exercise between Indian & Japanese Armies, commenced at Counter Insurgency and Jungle Warfare School, Vairengete, Mizoram, India on 01 November 2018.
- The Japanese contingent is being represented by 32ndInfantry Battalion, while the Indian side is being represented by 6/1 Gorkha Rifles.
- One platoon strength each of both the battalions is participating in this exercise.
- Being first of its kind, the 14 days long joint exercise is being conducted from 01 Nov 2018 to 14 Nov 2018.
- The exercise will consist of a balance of indoor classes and outdoor training activities.
- The objective of this exercise is to build and promote army to army relations in addition to exchanging skills and experiences between both the armies.
- Due emphasis will be laid on enhancing tactical skills to fight against global terrorism and on increasing interoperability between forces of both countries which is crucial for the success of any joint operation.
- Both sides will jointly train, plan and execute a series of well-developed tactical drills for neutralization of likely threats that may be encountered in urban warfare scenario.
- The exercise will contribute immensely in developing mutual understanding and respect for each other’s military.