- ADB announces Rs 48,000 crore financial assistance to emerging member states to fight against corona.
- Corona virus has emerged as an international crisis, so faster actions to be taken against the disease.
- Financial assistance is being provided for the immediate needs of emerging member states to combat the corona virus environment, based on joint consultations with emerging member states and established institutions of the Asian Development Bank.
The first international competition to design a high-speed bullet train
- IIT Chennai to host the first international competition for designing Hyper loop model high speed bullet train.
- This hyper loop is an airtight pipe that can reach 1000 km per hour. It is a vehicle that can go fast. This allows you to reach a certain distance in a very short time.
- To further raise awareness in India, IIT Chennai is hosting India’s first ever International Hyper loop Transport Vehicle Design Competition.
Detection of large Urns near Vedaranyam
- Under the 100-day work program at Chettipulam Panchayat next to Vedaranyam, the work on the drainage basin of Katturankulam – Chettipulam village on the border of Nedukkadu village was held on Wednesday.
- It was revealed that the pots were into a depth of a meter. One jar was empty when the mud-covered lids were opened, and the other was a bone fragment with ball bowl joints. The jaw bones were large in size. Inside that bones, pottery, an iron weapon, used in old age were found.
Justice K. Venkatraman takes over as new Chairman of Engineering and Medical Education Tariff Committee
- Retired Judge K.Venkatraman assumed duties as the new Chairman of the Tariff Committee for Individual Self-Financing Vocational Education including Engineering and Medicine.
- Retired Justice NV Balasubramanian, who was chairman of the tariff committee, passed away on November 3 last year. Following this, K Venkatraman was appointed as the new Chairman of the Pricing Committee and ordered to be appointed as the Chairperson of Higher Education.
Sanjay Bangar appointed as Bangladesh Batting Consultant For Test Cricket
- Former batting coach for Team India Sanjay Bangar could once again find himself a coaching job after reports emerged that the Bangladesh Cricket Board is looking to rope him in as the Bangladesh cricket team’s batting consultant, specifically for the Bangladesh Test team.
- According to the reports published by a leading cricket website, the Bangar BCB interest grew ahead of the two-match Test series at home against Australia, which is scheduled for June.
- Amit Shah and the March of BJP book by Anirban Ganguly, Shiwanand Dwivedi
- RBI launches medium-term strategy framework Utkarsh 2022