1. ”KRISHNA RIVER”.
- The Krishna River is the fourth-biggest river in terms of water inflows and river basin area in India, after the Ganga, Godavari and Brahmaputra.
- It is a major source of irrigation for Maharashtra, Karnataka, Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.
- The Krishna river originates in the western ghats near Mahabaleshwar in the state of Maharashtra.
- Sangameswaram of Kurnool district in Andhra Pradesh is a famous pilgrim center for Hindus where Tungabhadra and Bhavanasi rivers join the Krishna river. The Sangameswaram temple is now drowned in the Srisailam reservoir, and visible for devotees only during summer when the reservoir’s water level comes down.
- Another centre of attraction is the Krishna Pushkaram fair which is held once in twelve years on the banks of the Krishna river.
LEFTBANK: Bhima, Dindi, Peddavagu, Musi,Paleru, Munneru
Venna, Koyna, Panchganga,Dudhaganga, Ghataprabha,Malaprabha, Tungabhadra
2. ”BHAVANI ISLAND”.
- Bhavani Island situated in the midst of the Krishna River, at Vijayawada.
- It is located at the upstream of Prakasam Barrage and is considered as one of the largest river islands in India.
- The Kanaka Durga Temple is the abode of Goddess Durga. She is also known with another name as Bhavani and hence, the island is named Bhavani Island. The island is located in close proximity to the temple.