NPR Can Be Used By Banks As A KYC Document
The Reserve Bank of India has included the National Population Register letter as an officially valid document (OVD) for Know Your Customer (KYC) verification for opening bank accounts or applying for credit cards.
The National Population Register letter has been included as one of OVDs for KYC two years ago after the government notified the Prevention of Money Laundering Act.
The National Population Register is a list of “usual residents of the country” who have been residing in a local area for at least the last six months or intends to stay in a particular location for the next six months.
National Electric Mobility Mission Plan (NEMMP) 2020
- The National Electric Mobility Mission Plan (NEMMP) 2020 was launched with the objective of achieving national fuel security by promoting electric and hybrid vehicles.
- The target is to achieve sales of 6 -7 million in the hybrid and electric vehicles sector from 2020.
- The government will provide fiscal and monetary incentives for this industry.
- The expectation is that crude oil worth Rs.62000 crore will be saved due to this.
A new Chinese coronavirushas infected more than 200 people since the outbreak began in Wuhan, China, in December 2019.
- Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV).
- They are zoonotic – transmitted between animals and people.
- The disease has been connected to a seafood market in China, but the investigation is still ongoing.
- There are no confirmed reports of person-to-person transmission.
- shortness of breath and breathing difficulties.
- There is no vaccine to protect against this family of viruses.
- It is a 6.5-kilometre long, two-lane bi-directionaltunnel in Jammu and Kashmir
- It will be completed in 3.5 years at a cost of 2379 Crore rupees.
- It will provide all-weather road connectivity to Sonmarg tourist spot in Jammu and Kashmir.