- The people pharmacy day was held in delhi and encourages pharmacy professionals to engage and promote activities that elevate and advocate for the role of the pharmacist as competent and adroit members of the healthcare system.
- Union minister of chemical and fertilizers T.V sathanandha gouda present on the pharmacy day celebration which was held in Uttar pradesh.
Now female worshippers can pray at Pakistan’s famous Sunehri Masjid
- After a ban of 23 years, female worshippers can now pray at Peshawar’s famous Sunehri Masjid.
- The construction of the Sunehri Masjid was completed in 1976. It is much-appreciated for its is Mughal-style architecture. The decision to allow female worshippers entry comes days before International Women’s Day on March 8 and the much-publicised ‘Aurat March’ (Women’s March) planned on the same day.
2,500-year-old walls discovered at Keeladi archaeology site
- The Sixth phase of the ongoing excavation at the archaeological site in Keeladi in Sivaganga district of Tamil Nadu has unearthed, over a period of one month, a total of four brick walls dating back to the Sangam age. The State Archeology Department unearthed four walls which are 2,500 years old at the site.
- Excavation work in Keeladi village has been conducted on behalf of the Central Archeology Department since 2015.
- The excavations carried out in the village on the banks of Vaigai river unearthed artefacts which have been found to be dating back to Sangam civilization.
MINI FISHING HARBOUR IN AARKUKAATUTHURAI
- As appealed by them, the state government has issued a GO directing construction of a mini harbour at a cost of Rs 150 crore under the Special Self Sufficient Scheme 2019-20.
- Many schemes were announced during the occasion by our honourable chief minister Tamilnadu is as follows:
- Agri research centre at vanduvaancheri in Naagapatinam
- New library will be set up in mayiladuthurai taluk at a cost of Rs.72 lakhs.
- In vedaranyam lake a septum wall and a pathway with garden will be setup.
PERSON IN NEWS
Cauvery protector tiltle
- Tamilnadu chief minister Palaniswamy conferred with the title “Protector Of Cauvery Delta”
Wasim Jaffer announces retirement from all forms of cricket
- Wasim Jaffer announced his retirement from international and first-class cricket. Jaffer, who started his career with Mumbai, moved to Vidarbha ahead of the 2015-16 season.
- Jaffer played 260 first-class games, scoring 19,410 runs at an average of 50.67. He has scored 57 hundreds and 91 fifties with 314 being his highest score.
- He also has a double hundred to his name – a highest score of 212 against West Indies in 2006 at St John’s. He played two ODIs for India