- Agreement between the ministry of Defence and the Government of Isreal on the purchase of light weight guns worth Rs 880 crores .
- It was signed by union minister Rajnath Singh.
- The indian Army needs it most and it is very hopeful for the soldiers.
Tamil Nadu to roll out intra-state portability of ration cardholders from April 1
- Well before the Centre launches its “One nation, One Ration card‟ scheme across the country, the Edappadi K Palaniswami government would roll out theintra-state portability of family cardholders across Tamil Nadu from April 1. It is a prelude to the BJP-led government‟s „One Nation, One Ration card‟ scheme to be launched acrossthe country from June 1.
- Minister for Food and Civil Supplies R Kamaraj informed the assembly that intrastate portability of ration cardholders, launched in two districts on a pilot basis, would be expanded to cover the state from April 1. It would enable cardholders to procure food grain from any fair price shops of the public distribution system (PDS) within the state.
YES Bank gets Rs 60k-cr line of credit from RBI to resume operations
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has extended a credit line of Rs 60,000 crore to YES Bank to ensure that the bank is able to meet its obligations to depositors as it resumed its full-service operations on Wednesday, according to sources familiar with the development.
- RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das had said the regulator was ready to offer liquidity if required.
- “YES Bank has enough liquidity to meet any requirements. If required, the RBI will provide necessary liquidity support to it”
Taxes to Malaysia Calculator
- Ministry of Commerce recommends imposition of tax on electronic calculators imported from Malaysia.
- Traders complaint that electronic calculator which is Imported from Malaysia will affect Indian products.
IAEA to Support Countries in the Detection of Novel Coronavirus
- The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) will provide diagnostic kits, equipment and training in nuclear-derived detection techniques to countries asking for assistance in tackling the worldwide spread of the novel coronavirus causing COVID-19, Director General Rafael Mariano Grossi announced.
- The assistance, requested by 14 countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean, is part of intensified global efforts to contain infections. The diagnostic technique, known as real time reverse transcription–polymerase chain reaction (real time RT-PCR), can help detect and identify the novel coronavirus accurately within hours in humans, as well as in animals that may also host it.
G.V.Krishna, IRS has taken over charge as Principal Chief Commissioner of Income-tax, Tamil Nadu & Puducherry today on promotion, from Shri Rajiv Jain Swachh Bharat Mission (Grameen) Phase-II launched
- 20 March-World sparrow day
- 2020 Theme: ‘I Love Sparrow’.