- India’s consistent position has been that Arunachal Pradesh and the Union territories of Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh are its integral parts and it has been clearly conveyed to the Chinese side on several occasions, the External Affairs Ministry
- Responding to a query in Lok Sabha, Minister of State for External Affairs V Muraleedharan said Beijing disputes the international boundary between India and China.
- In the Eastern sector, China claims approximately 90,000 square kilometers of Indian Territory in the state of Arunachal Pradesh. Indian Territory under the occupation of China in the Union Territory of Ladakh is approximately 38,000 square kilometer.
- India’s consistent and principled position is that Arunachal Pradesh and the entire Union Territories of Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh have been, are and shall be an integral part of India.
Primary wins give Joe Biden commanding edge in US Democratic race
- Joe Biden cemented his frontrunner status in the race for the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination as support from a coalition of African-American and suburban voters carried the former vice-president to decisive victories over Bernie Sanders in Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri and Idaho.
- The 2020 United States presidential election is scheduled for Tuesday, November 3, 2020. It will be the 59th quadrennial presidential election.
- T.N Govt announced that the first phase of census will be started from April 2020.
- The decennial Census of India has been conducted 15 times, as of 2011. While it has been undertaken every 10 years, beginning in 1872 under British Viceroy Lord Mayo, the first complete census was taken in 1881.
- Post 1949, it has been conducted by the Registrar General and Census Commissioner of India under the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. All the censuses since 1951 were conducted under the 1948 Census of India Act. The last census was held in 2011, whilst the next will be held in 2021.
SBI waives minimum balance charges on all savings bank accounts
- The State Bank of India (SBI) announced it will not ask customers to maintain a minimum balance in savings accounts, . SBI customers till now had to maintain an average monthly balance of Rs 3,000, Rs 2,000 and Rs 1,000 in metro, semi urban and rural areas.
- SBI has also waived of SMS charges. India’s biggest bank has also rationalised interest rate on savings bank account to a flat 3% per annum for all buckets. Currently, the interest rate on SBI saving accounts is 3.25% for deposits up to Rs.1 lakh, and 3% for deposits above Rs.1 lakh.
Tahira Kashyap Launched New Book ‘The 12 Commandments of Being a Woman’
- New fishing harbour to come up in Vedaranyam
- Luxembourg makes all public transport free
- Indias 1st Rs.123 FOOD museum to be come up in Tanjore