- The parlimentary committee suggests Department of Atomic Energy to create 700 MW nuclear reactor .
- In 2008 India signed a nuclear deal with US
- In 2008 India signed a nuclear deal with france. This ended the ban on the import of Uranium.
- According to the agreement with US,it must produce 1250 MW nuclear reactor, and france should produce 1650 MW nuclear reactor.
- There are currently 22 Reactors in India.
- Two heavy boilers at tarapur with US assistance and two in kudankulam with Russian Aid.
- Prior to India’s 1974 and 1988 nuclear tests India had exceeded the international Ban.
Nilgiri Thar is in Endangered list
- An endangered species is an animal or plant that’s considered at risk of extinction. A species can be listed as endangered at the state, federal, and international level. On the federal level, the endangered species list is managed under the Endangered Species Act.
- The Nilgiri Tahr (Nilgiritragus Hylocrius) is an endangered mountain goat species. Their numbers have dwindled over the years due to poaching and a lack of natural habitats for them. Kerala is proud to be home to this beautiful animal species in the 400 km stretch of the Western Ghats between the state and Tamil Nadu.
Hero Stones Belonging to chola Era Found Near Tirupattur
- A ‘hero stone’ believed to be from the 13th century have been discovered in a temple in Thirupatthur district.
- A figure of a man standing and carrying long knife in his right hand and a man heighed bow and arrow in his left hand was identified.
15 outstanding women honoured with Nari Shakti Puraskar by Prez on International Women’s Day
- President Ram Nath Kovind gave away the Nari Shakti Puraskar to 15 women in Rashtrapati Bhawan on the occasion of International Women’s Day.
- The National Award is given annually to individuals, groups, institutions in recognition of their exceptional work towards the cause of women empowerment, especially for vulnerable and marginalized women.
The awardees are
- 103 year old athlete Mann Kaur
- Indian Air Force’s first women fighter pilots Mohana Singh, Bhawana Kanth and Avani Chaturvedi
- Farmers Padala Bhudevi and Bina Devi, Artisan Arifa Jaan, Environmentalist Chami Murmu
- Entrepreneur Nilza Wangmo
- Automotive research professional Rashmi Urdhwardeshe, Lady Mason Kalavati Devi.
- Twin Mountaineers Tashi and Nungshi Malik
- Classical vocalist Kaushiki Chakroborty and
- 98 year old Karthyayini Amma who topped the literacy exam in 2018. Another awardee 105 year old Bhageerathi Amma could not travel to Delhi to receive the award.
Cauvery delta farmers 2nd state conference
- Cauvery delta farmers 2 nd state conference was inaugurated by minister k.kamaraj at nel jayaraman memorial in mannarkudi.
- Delta farmers confer ‘Cauvery Kaappaalar’ title on CM for agri zone Mannargudi
- S Ranganathan, the General Secretary of the Cauvery Delta Farmers Association who conferred the title.
PERSON IN NEWS
Altaf Bukhari launches Jammu and Kashmir Apni party
- Aiming to provide relief to the people “facing challenges since August 5 last year,” former People’s Democratic Party (PDP) leader Syed Altaf Bukhari launched his own new political party called the ‘Jammu and Kashmir Apni (own) Party’ (JKAP).
Fed Cup: Sania, Ankita shine as India makes World Group play-offs
- Sania and Ankita won the decisive doubles as India beat Indonesia 2-1 to enter the World Group play-off in the Fed Cup Asia-Oceania group-1 women’s tennis tournament.
- Federation cup is a women’s tennis tournament which is similar to men’s tournament Davi’s cup.